Today I got into a closet-cleaning mood. I really have to act on it when it happens, because it won’t happen again until the next comet is scheduled to fly by.
As I re-organized, a couple of interesting things surfaced. A couple of necklaces I thought I’d lost, and a folded-up piece of paper. I was intrigued. I opened it and it was a copy of some encouraging quotes from different sources. I wrote them down several years ago for a group I wanted to do when I lived in France, a small group of women pursuing their dreams. I ended up with one person, Sandra, and she became one of my best friends.
Though the group didn’t stick, my friendship with Sandra has continued and we regularly talk about our dreams. But I’d forgotten the little list of encouraging quotes. I thought this was a great time to share them.
1. The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24
2. Create the life you want. Don’t live in the empty hope of deliverance. –Dr. David Viscott.
3. Have faith, not forever, but one day at a time. –Melodie Beattie
4. Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. Ephesians 3:20
5. Be a little braver. –Dr. David Viscott
6. We never know what we can have until we try. – Melodie Beattie
7. A time-honored principle: Be…Do… Have. Dr. Phil (Being is chronologically first)
8. I take responsibility for my life. I have the power to make things better. I always have a choice. – Dr. David Viscott
Hope something on this list inspires you today!